Were you ever forced to quit a job you love? Do you treasure every waking moment you have with your family? If you have end-stage renal disease you would. Ron Richman is a 54-year-old primary care physician, living in Long Island, NY, that must face this disease head-on every day. And he has for a little over a year. His loving family – Karen, his wife of 31 years, and his children, Sami, Jordan and Jason – have been reaching out over social media in hopes of finding a kidney donor for Ron.
Ron’s social stats are as follows:
- Facebook: Over 1,400 likes
- Twitter: Over 430 followers
Our PRSA Suburban Chicago Chapter caught wind of this “Ron Richman Needs a Kidney Donor” campaign from a Facebook friend. Now, we are spreading the word for Ron through social media, as well as the buttons many of you might have received from the PRSA International Conference in San Francisco.
For someone who has helped thousands of patients over his 25 year career, we hope that someone will save Ron’s life. Please spread the word, so that Ron is able to find a match. He is looking for the following:
- A living kidney donor (This is the best option in terms of quality of life. Lifespan is 20+ years.)
- Anyone under 60 years of age, is healthy and a non-smoker
- Male or female with O+ or O- blood type or with A2 (which is a subset of A blood type)
- An individual on life support that has provided a directed donation in his name
Please help Ron in spreading the word about his need for a kidney donor. “Like” his Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/RonRichmanNeedsAKidneyDonorToStayAlive), follow him @saveaNYlife and continue to share the content he shares on his social media platforms. Ron truly appreciates each and every share, “Like” and follow to lead him to his future kidney donor.