In challenging economic times such as these, membership and participation in PRSA can be one of the best investments you can make in your career. You can take full advantage of the benefits of your membership by joining and getting involved locally — in the Public Relations Society of America and the Suburban Chicago Chapter.
If you are interested in growing your career, there are two types of memberships you can choose from: individual and group.
An individual membership is best for those whose employer doesn’t pay the membership dues, and comes with the following benefits:
- Events in your hometown and sector-focused communities.
- Exclusive discussion boards and member directories in MyPRSA.
- Social media channels building on industry issues and news.More than 50 FREE PR and marketing/business communications training webinars, live and on demand, throughout the year.
- Exclusive discounts on PRSA conferences and events.
- Exclusive discounts on insurance, FedEx, Budget, NewsCactus and more.
Group membership is designed for employers with five or more communications employees and is sustomized for your organization’s short- and long-term goals. PRSA Group Membership will:
- Provide immediate training on the latest tactics and strategies through online and in-person events.
- Help build business through connections to an engaged network of more than 22,000 colleagues.
- Keep your team up to date on the latest PR news and industry headlines that are making an impact.
- Offer inspiration and insights on what works (and what doesn’t) through a database of Silver Anvil Award-winning case studies and research.
To be a member of good standing in our chapter, you must also be a current member of the national organization.
Membership in the Public Relations Society of America allows you to:
- Develop your skills through low-cost, high quality programs
- The Annual International Conference – National Seminars and Networking
- Nationally recognized speakers and trainers at an affordable level at the annual two-day Midwest District Conference
- Free, members-only live and on-demand professional development webinars
- Chapter and Section Conferences – Local Seminars and Networking
- Stay informed and learn through member publications, blogs, and e-groups
- Public Relations Tactics: An indispensable cutting-edge monthly that delivers practical how-to information written by PR professionals
- The Public Relations Strategist: A quarterly publication that focuses on strategic issues in the practice of public relations
- The Public Relations Journal: published quarterly by the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), is an open-access, peer-reviewed electronic research journal facilitating the transfer of knowledge from the educational community to the professional community.
Use PRSA’s Professional Resource Center, an outstanding resource for professionals, to:
- Learn about all PRSA’s programs and member services
- Utilize our career resources and on-demand webinar opportunities
- Gain access to listings of public relations job opportunities
- Post your resume in order to reach the best employers
Demonstrate your expertise through earning your Accreditation in Public Relations the universal, voluntary certification program for public relations professionals:
- APR (Accredited in Public Relations) – The Worldwide Standard for Public Relations
- Participate in the top echelon of Public Relations awards and recognition:
- The Silver Anvil Award—The Academy Award in Public Relations
- The Bronze Anvil Award—Recognizing Outstanding Public Relations
- Tactics Annual
- The Gold Anvil
- The Paul M. Lund Public Service Award
- The Outstanding Educator Award
- The Public Relations Professional of the Year Award
Develop and deepen your work even more through our Professional Interest Sections:
- A nationwide network puts you in touch with professionals in your specific geographic areas and fields of interest (14 practice-specific interest groups – 14 specific practice areas) and members gain access to:
- Special Seminars
- Training Workshops
- PR Conferences
- Special Newsletters
- And more…
- Participate in many levels of Leadership Opportunities:
- Effective, rewarding avenues to leadership, ranging from local involvement to national visibility
- College of Fellows: mentoring opportunities from honored members of the Society
As a chapter of the national organization, to join PRSA Suburban Chicago you must first be a member of PRSA. Please view the membership page on PRSA.org at How To Join.
For more information on how to become a PRSA Member, contact the PRSA Suburban Chicago Chapter.